It takes a village…In today’s world, even a virtual village fits the bill. As parents of children at West Seattle Montessori and West Seattle Academy, we are all members of POMS. We know it’s important you feel a sense of community, have your questions answered, share your ideas, stay informed on important dates/event information and still get involved however your time permits.
Our mission is to support activites to enhance the social and academic experience of current and future students, families and educators for West Seattle Montessori School.
- Build a Strong Sense of Community
- Facilitate Communication between Administration, Teachers, POMS and Parents
- Fundraise for Students Needs through Pasta Dinner for the Arts and TWIG Dinner and Auction
- Support and Recognize Educators, Administration and Volunteers
- Increase Knowledge and Visibility of POMS among School Community
- Maintain a Strategic Written Plan for current and future POMS Boards to ensure we are meeting the priorities for the school year
Top 5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Year:
- Attend monthly POMS meetings.
- Donate your time and talents – [ VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ]
- Read emails from your room parents and teacher.
- Attend school fundraisers and/or events in/out of the classroom.
- Share your questions/ideas with POMS Board.
POMS Board Members:
Cindy Oliver, President
Tracey Lovejoy, Vice President
Shirline Wilson, Treasurer
Renee Bryce, Secretary
Heather Leaman, Member-At-Large
Melissa Overdorf, Past President/POMS Mentor
Angela Sears Ximenes, Director
Heather Aquino, Admin Rep
Brenda Griswold, Admin Rep
Contact: POMS President, Cindy Oliver at: POMSBoard@gmail.com
[ POMS News ]
[ Field Trip Driver Form ]